Executive Employment Opportunities in Atlanta Metro

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Help Alum Javin Rudolph Raise $3500 for Crohn's Disease by May 25th



I need your help! I have recently decided to take on a huge challenge. I have committed to run in my first half marathon (13.1 miles) in Virginia on June 4th! I am doing it with a team called Team Challenge, a training and fundraising program with the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America. My goal is to raise $3,500 in the next month to help find a cure for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. Donations can be made at www.active.com/donate/virginia11georgia/va11gaJRudolp


 Additionally, I am doing this in honor of our honored teammate, four year old James Wakefield. James was diagnosed with Crohn’s disease three years ago at the age of one. He became extremely ill, was hospitalized and spent several days enduring a slew of tests, antibiotics, and other medications. Over the past two years, he has had ups and downs with good and bad days. Unfortunately, all of the medications did not work and James, at the age of three, had to have his colon removed. Since then. James has had two more surgeries. James and his family are facing this disease bravely and maintaining a positive attitude, even though it has been a struggle. He is why I am committed to do my part in finding a cure. James’s parents will be running with me in Virginia and I want to be right there beside them.

Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis are known together as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). These are painful, medically incurable illnesses that attack the digestive system. The cause remains unknown. The mission of CCFA, is to find a cure for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, and to improve the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases.


Again, my personal goal is to raise $3,500 for Team Challenge and the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America. Please consider supporting me in my effort by donating to CCFA. Time is of the essence. In order to run with the team, I need to reach my goal by May 25th. You can make a secure online donation by visiting my website at: www.active.com/donate/virginia11georgia/va11gaJRudolp.


 Thank you for your generosity and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment